Have you ever wondered what chiropractic care could do for you? Patients from all walks of life invest their time in chiropractic care services because it helps so many problems. Our patients can significantly reduce and even eliminate (in some cases) everyday symptoms with the right chiropractic adjustment. Find out what the top ten reasons are that people seek chiropractic care!
What Is Chiropractic Care?
There are many patients that seek medical care via prescriptions and surgeries to help alleviate aches and pains they have. However, a large percentage of those people never find relief! That’s because medications simply seek to mask symptoms and dull pain. Surgeries can also be expensive, and yet, they may not actually cure your symptoms or alleviate the problem. Chiropractors provide natural, drug-free, and non-invasive medical treatments that promote the body’s inherent recuperative abilities. This is physical therapy that focuses on the body’s muscular, nervous and skeletal systems.
10 Reasons to Seek Chiropractic Care
We can think of at least 10 reasons why our patients seek chiropractic care to better their lives and feel better. We often seek patients for reasons such as:
- Back Pain. The lumbar spine (or lower back) experiences the most aches and pains out of any other part of your back. We believe a healthy spine follows a normal alignment. We restore natural alignment through chiropractic adjustments to relieve pain and neuropathy symptoms. Over 31 million Americans have lower back pain on a daily basis. We can relieve that pain with chiropractic care.
- Neck Pain. Your neck and back are connected through the spine. It’s no mystery that you can also have neck pain if you have back pain.
- Headaches. Headaches come from chronic stress and pressure. That pressure can build up in your neck and back, tensing your muscles. You can relieve that pressure—and thus your headaches—with a chiropractic adjustment.
- Pain. Among the most common chronic pain reported, back pain tops the list. Back pain is the leading cause of disability worldwide and one of the most common reasons for missed work. Relieve that pain with a chiropractic adjustment!
- Neuropathy. Many patients experience neuropathy symptoms (numbness, tingling, weakness, tremors, etc.) if they pinch a nerve. You can do this by turning wrong or if your spine is misaligned. We realign your spine to reduce uneven pressure on delicate nerves.
- Easier pregnancies and deliveries. Your body takes on increased pressure as a baby grows. Most of that pressure is on your lower back, pelvis and surrounding joints because your weight distribution is changing. Our therapy provides balance to your muscles, ligaments, vertebrae and pelvis during this time, making pregnancy much more enjoyable.
- Improved range of motion and performance. If you have a pinched nerve or a misaligned spine, you may not be able to move in one or more directions at all without pain. When you realign your spine and get it in proper position, you relieve muscle tension and help improve your range of motion.
- Allergy relief. Built-up pressure and a misaligned back can put pressure on your lungs and cause asthma problems. Your central nervous system helps you fight off allergies, but is hindered if your spine is misaligned, putting pressure on nerves and even pinching them. Fix this with an adjustment.
- Accident-induced injuries. After an injury—especially if you’ve sustained whiplash—you can seek a chiropractic adjustment to find relief from aches, pain and neuropathy symptoms. Rehabilitative therapy helps patients heal quicker and better than those who don’t seek it.
- Boost immune system. Keeping your central nervous system healthy will keep your immune system in check. You can prevent or alleviate pinched or damaged nerves with chiropractic care.
Your Chiropractic Care Options
We have many different ways to help adjust your spine so that you no longer have the aches and pains that make your day difficult. Those different chiropractic care options include:
- Chiropractic Adjustment – We restore natural alignment to your spine by applying a small amount of focused pressure to move your vertebrae. This loosens joints that have become frozen in incorrect positions, thus relieving muscle tension and pinched or damaged nerves.
- Spinal Decompression – We use decompression for disc-related problems and chronic back or neck pain. This therapy drops intradiscal pressure and creates a vacuum effect at the level of the involved disc. When negative pressure is created, degenerative discs are rehydrated and herniated disc material can be pulled back inside the disc.
- SpineForce Treatments – This is a neuromuscular trainer for patients undergoing neuromuscular rehabilitation. SpineForce re-establishes natural pathways from the left brain to the right side of the body and the right brain to the left side of the body. This is a trainer machine that strengthens, aids in proprioception, helps balance and equilibrium, and more.
- Cox Flexion Distraction – This is our rehabilitation method for long-term pain relief for patients suffering from damaged or bulging discs, pinched nerves, spinal injuries and degenerative spinal conditions. We apply precision flexion distraction (pressure and movement) to different parts of the spine to draw out your herniated or bulging disc.
Find Relief through Rehabilitation
Don’t settle for a life full of aches and pains! We have many services that are bound to help you. To find out more about all of our chiropractic care options and how you can benefit, call Texas Spine & Sports Therapy Center today at (512) 806-0015!