Texas Spine and Sports Therapy Center
Dr. Bart Atencio
WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
We treat patients neurologically, orthopedically and metabolically!
No stone is left unturned to determine the exact cause of your health condition!
Neurological Treatments Based on Specific Neurological Testing:
Oxygen therapy: Oxygen is fuel for your brain and nervous system. Your brain and nervous system need two things to survive…..fuel and activation. Fuel comes in the form of OXYGEN AND GLUCOSE. By using oxygen, we will help you heal faster. By using exercise with oxygen therapy (EWOT), we can increase firing to brain. By increasing firing of brain, we help MANY chronic conditions.
Brain-Based Therapy (BBT) - We use specific brain-based therapies:
- Vibration Therapy: Vibration fires the back part of the brain called the cerebellum. One of the functions of the cerebellum is control of the spinal muscle.
- We may also use auditory, visual, olfactory, and caloric stimulation to increase firing of brain.
- Laser therapy: We use the High Frequency LED light, APLight in our office which is the highest powered laser on the market. Laser therapy helps heal tissues.
- Non-surgical Spinal Decompression: NSSD creates a negative disc pressure and helps to remove pressure off of the nerve. It also provides a slow stretch of the muscles which fires up the spinal cord to increase firing of brain.
- Active Release Technique: Soft tissue therapy to break adhesion formation. Used for overuse injuries and myofascial pain.
- High Tech Rehabilitation: We utilize a high tech device that improves Range of Motion, Coordination and Balance and Strengthens the 180 Deep Spinal Muscles.
- High Tech Electrotherapy that allows us to block nerve pain, improve nerve function, reduce pain or spasm.
Metabolic Treatments Based on Specific Lab Panels:
By using specific blood tests such as a thyroid panel, complete metabolic panel, lipid panel, and a CBC (with auto differential), we can assess your thyroid, adrenal, and gut function. All three can be affected with chronic health conditions. By addressing any problems with your thyroid, adrenal glands or gut function, we can help you to heal faster. We can check your blood glucose levels since glucose and oxygen are needed by the brain to function properly.
We may also test to see if you have an autoimmune disease. An autoimmune disease is where your immune system attacks a particular area of the body so we test for specific thyroid antibodies to determine IF you suffer from an autoimmune condition.
We can check for gluten antibodies, tissue antibodies such as myelin (fatty sheath around the nerves) antibodies, cerebellar (back part of the brain controlling balance, coordinated movement, and spinal muscles) antibodies and we can test your adrenal glands via an Adrenal Stress Index or ASI as many thyroid sufferers also suffer from adrenal problems. We can run a test for H. Pylori to determine any problems related to the gut function.
We test for decreased brain neurotransmitters. Neurotransmitters are vital for proper brain function.
We check hormone panels to determine if the patient suffers from low testosterone or low estrogen/progesterone levels.
Finally, we may need to test for inflammation in your system by testing homocysteine levels and C-Reaction protein. Many patients suffering from chronic health conditions suffer from inflammatory processes.
Once we have run the necessary tests to determine YOUR specific condition, we can successfully treat you via proper neurological and metabolic protocols.