Recapture The Youth Of Your Skin
The Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) facial is an innovative anti-aging treatment that enhances the skin’s collagen production by using the growth and repair enzymes naturally produced in your blood. Unlike other cosmetic treatments (surgery, fillers, botox), the PRP facial improves the condition and texture of your skin by triggering your cells’ natural capacity for repair and regeneration. The result is glowing, more youthful skin, brimming with improved elasticity and fullness.
Understanding how age affects the skin is important if you want to effectively maintain its health and beauty. As our body ages, our cells’ natural repair and growth cycles slows down, but it never stops. Unfortunately, this is what causes our skin to lose its suppleness, which leads to sagging facial shape, reduced collagen production, droopy skin texture, and a grayish complexion. There are many cosmetic options to remedy these symptoms, but the PRP Facial is the only treatment that actually enhances your skin’s inherent capacity for regeneration.
Compare The Benefits Of The PRP Facial
With so many cosmetic options for treating aging skin, it can be difficult to choose the right one. While there is no “right” or “wrong” treatment, selecting the right procedure for you depends on understanding what any specific treatment can or cannot do:
- Skin creams and facial peels can be of some help, but are usually not effective in terms of producing strong results. Many skin creams contain ingredients that cannot be properly absorbed into the skin, and facial peels may not do enough to stimulate the skin’s natural rejuvenating process.
- Retin A and other prescription medications contain powerful chemicals that may inflame and irritate the skin. Though it is effective in improving skin texture on some patients, the results may not outweigh the adverse effects. Constant inflammation and irritation actually accelerates the aging process, so this may worsen the problem it’s trying to solve.
- Face lifts remove excess skin, giving the face a tighter appearance. However, this may not result in a youthful appearance if the problem is loss of skin texture and fullness.
- Botox can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by paralyzing the facial muscles. While this is effective for many patients, it changes how you move your face, which can produce unexpected expressions.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers (such as Restalyne and Juvederm) can replace lost volume and sculpt the face, but it does not improve skin tone or texture. It also does not move (fillers are usually injected below the muscle and above the bone), so it can affect the way your face makes expressions.
PRP facials do not have any of the aforementioned drawbacks, because it works by enhancing your skin’s existing repair cycle. It doesn’t rely on foreign ingredients being absorbed into your body, it doesn’t remove existing skin, nor does it affect the way you move your face. It is a regenerative medical treatment that restores your skin’s condition to its optimal state.
What Should I Expect From The Procedure?
To prepare you for treatment, a technician will draw a small amount of your blood. The blood is placed in a centrifuge, to separate out the platelets and the plasma (this is what we call Platelet Rich Plasma, or PRP). The physician then applies multiple micro-punctures at the critical areas of your face, where the signs of aging are most obvious or prominent. The micro-punctures serve 2 functions: it stimulates collagen production, and it enables full tissue absorption of the harvested PRP from your own blood. After the micro-punctures are completed, the PRP is applied so it can be absorbed under the skin right where it’s needed. As the platelets are absorbed, it activates the stems cells, triggering the formation of new collagen, fatty tissue, and blood vessels. The result is more youthful looking skin, with enhanced tone, texture, and resiliency.
Your skin should continue to improve in the next 2 to 3 months after the procedure. Once your skin cells settle into their enhanced repair and growth cycle, the results can last for up to 1 to 2 years before another treatment is necessary.
If you’d like to know how the PRP Facial can turn back the clock for you, call Texas Spine & Sports Therapy Center today at (512) 806-0015 to arrange for your free consultation.